Don’t mistake this full-length, 9 hole gem as an afterthought to the popular 18 hole course next door, because The Links Course at Sand Hollow is downright awesome! Many visitors think it’s just an executive course or a short course, but it may actually be the area’s sleeper pick, and one of the most interesting designs in the entire area. We just wish it was 18 holes!
“The green complexes are massive, with mind boggling movement and undulations, and the gorgeous bunkers are kept ragged and rough, nothing more than blowouts among the dunes and sagebrush.”
The minimalist architecture and wide open playing corridors offer a refreshing outlook on golf, and offers a freedom of creating shots rather than hitting to a pin-point yardage. Playing conditions are excellent, but intentionally left rugged and more natural, like the stories links courses in the UK.
Rumpled fairways, rock walls, dirt cart paths and a more rugged/ragged look creates a old-world classic charm that not many desert courses can offer.
Of course you will still enjoy gorgeous views of the white and red cliffs of Zion National Park in the distance, Pine Valley Mountain to the west and the nearby Red Cliffs State Park as backdrops to the golf.
Why Should You Play at The Links Course at Sand Hollow Resort?
- It’s a classic, fun, walkable true links style golf course
- Play running shots, and ground game opportunities
- Massive greens with cool shapes and contours
- Good price vs. quality of golf.
- Excellent Sand Hollow Golf Packages
- Rent a Set of Hickory Clubs! Real wood shaft golf clubs, replica sets like those played in the 1900’s. Play old school style on the Links Course!
- Try to hit running shots, use your imagination instead of your range finder.
- An awesome Utah Golf Resort with tons of other recreation to do on property.
- Rent ATV’s, boating, fishing, hiking, biking and more!
Sand Hollow Stay & Play Golf Packages – Sand Hollow Resort is a perfect location to stay and play for a St. George Golf Package. The resort offers beautiful, luxury accommodations across the street from Sand Hollow Golf Club, and offers plethora of other activities besides golf. If you stay on property, you definitely need to play the links course. You can typically play in less than 2 hours in the afternoons.
Staff Insider Tip – Just have fun, don’t keep score, play match play, alternate shot, or scotch foursomes. This golf course is a total blast, and if you allow it to show its charm of the ground game, you will love it!